So it’s the long weekend and it’s the last hurrah before we say Goodbye to Summer and say Hello to Fall. It might still be hot outside, but you know it’s Fall when Starbucks starts selling Pumpkin Spice Lattes. And I just got an email saying Pumpkin Spice is available!
But we don’t have to welcome Fall just yet. First we have Labor Day weekend.
Whether you’re going away for the weekend or just staying home and relaxing, I’ve put together a list of must have items that will be your best friends no matter where you’re going or what you’re doing.
1. Fashion Magazines: I think that taking two magazines with you on your Labor Day weekend is a must. Women’s Health and InStyle are my go to magazines every month. I love the articles and reading about all of the fashion trends and the September issues are always huge and full of awesomeness! Whether you’re lounging by the pool, relaxing on the beach, or curled up on the couch at home, flip through these two magazines. Check out the “Buy 5, Drop 5” in Women’s Health magazine on page 112 and Instyle’s “5 New Workouts That’ll Make You Want To Hit the Gym” on page 357.
2. Tarte Makeup: These are my favorite three items from Tarte.
- Tarte BB Tinted 12 Hour Primer– While some makeup products say they last 12 hours or that they are SPF 30 but falter, Tarte’s BB Primer will not let you down! Last month, I went to Zuma beach with my family without putting on sunscreen. All I had on was the Tarte BB Primer on my face. By that night, it was very evident that every inch of visible skin was sunburned, except for my face. Tarte BB Primer saved my face that day and I love it. It gives you a good amount of coverage without being too heavy. Sometimes I wear it alone and sometimes I wear it with Tarte’s Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation for even fuller coverage.
- TarteGuard– This is your 30 SPF sunscreen must have. I love that it’s a non-chemical sunscreen. Before finding this sunscreen, I refused to put on sunscreen because the chemicals and impurities in most sunscreens make me break out. TarteGuard is gentle on my sensitive skin, doesn’t make me break out, protects my skin from the sun, all while keeping my skin moisturized and hydrated all day long. And unlike most commercial sunscreens, TarteGuard doesn’t smell bad! It comes in two different sizes. I have the 1.7 oz bottle at home and I keep a smaller 0.4 oz bottle in my purse.
- Tarte Showstopper Clay Palette– This is your one stop shop, all-in-one, perfect compact with mirror. It is so easy to slip this into your purse or overnight bag. It has six beautiful eyeshadows ranging from nude to brown, some in matte shades and some are shimmery. It also has a peachy-colored blush, a champagne-colored highlighter, and a matte (WATERPROOF) bronzer that’s perfect for contouring. I cannot even describe how much I love this palette.
I wear everything daily, sometimes together and sometimes I just use the TarteGuard without putting on any makeup. It’s Labor Day Weekend, the sun is shining, and it can be easy to forget how powerful the sun is until you wake up tomorrow red like a lobster. Don’t make the same mistakes I’ve made in the past.
3. Drybar Mai Tai Spritzer Sea Salt Spray: This is a fun bottle to have around with you. It gives you hair great texture, as if you’ve been on the beach all day, and it smells amazing! It comes in a 3.4 oz bottle but you can also find it in a travel sized bottle as part of a kit such as the I Love Road Trips Kit or you might be able to find small samples at Sephora from time to time. I have a little sample that I throw in my purse.
3. Wildfox Sunglasses: I love Wildfox sunglasses. They might be a little pricey, but they are so worth it. I think these Wildfox Bel Air Sunglasses are adorable and will be perfect paired with a floppy hat no matter where you go. These sunglasses have a lot of character. You can buy them here. There are other styles as well, but the Bel Air sunglasses are my favorite.
4. Dogeared “Make a Wish” Necklace: These necklaces are adorable to wear by themselves or to wear layered with other necklaces. I never take mine off. You’re supposed to make a wish when you put it on and then when the string breaks, your wish will come true. When my mom’s string broke, she tied it around her wrist as a bracelet and made another wish- I definitely think that counts! It’s a no fuss necklace and specially on a weekend like this, no fuss is essential.
5. Floppy Hat: My mom and I differ in opinion on the floppy hat as an essential item. She thinks it’s too warm to wear a floppy hat this Labor Day weekend, and I completely disagree. I think it is just so stylish to wear a black floppy hat and a pair of large sunglasses like the Bel Air sunglasses, whether you’re indoors or outdoors this weekend. Yes, you can wear it to the pool or to a friend’s backyard party, wear it to the movies, or even if you’re sitting in your backyard enjoying your fashion magazines. Let your inner Coco Chanel out this Labor Day weekend.
Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!
Who are we? We are you!
WE BELIEVE IN PINK.